Thursday, September 16, 2010

Patchwork


I don't think I'll ever get over my love of simple patchwork squares. They're not fancy; on the contrary, they are about as humble as a design can be. In my opinion, this is what really makes them shine. Not much thinking is involved besides deciding between 3 or 4 inch squares, and then you can do the really fun part of choosing which fabrics to combine. I have been using Robert Kaufman Essex cotton/linen blend for a couple of years now and it's a staple in my sewing stash. I haven't found a group of fabrics yet that isn't complimented by the addition of some Essex in Natural.


This little group was ordered by a great friend to give as a baby gift. I had so much fun picking out girly colors and stitching the little onesie. So tiny. These patchwork bags are a staple in my inventory. They measure about 12x14 inches and are great for keeping toys corralled in the car, taking a change of clothes for an outing, diapers, or packing ballet shoes or soccer cleats.

(If you're reading this in a feed reader, click on in and see my new fall banner!)

3 comments:

  1. Stephanie, these are so sweet! I may have to make some for my niece!

    Great new banner...

    ReplyDelete
  2. your stuff is always so beautiful, Stephanie. Always an inspiration. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. precious. i love your patchwork and your new banner! your whole page looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete